Friday, August 03, 2007

Shopping, the great treasure hunt.

Shopping, is like a treasure hunt. You spend hours looking for the perfect clothes, the perfect gift, or simply something which would catch your eye.

At the end of the day, if you found what you want, the feeling of satisfaction would overwhelm you and consume you as if you have just eaten chocolate.

However, it's surprising to see what lengths some people would go to get that perfect deal.

In the supermarket I work in, sometimes, there are tags marked "special" which shows a discount for a product which is currently on sale. At the bottom of the price tag are two dates, one to show when it started, and another to show when the sale is to end. Staff members are supposed to yank the tag off once the discount period is over.

Of course, sometimes, we get lazy, or forgetful, and with no trash trolley in sight, we just yank the price tag and stuff it at the back of the freezer, never to be seen again. Hell, I've once found one discount tag which ended on November last year.

However, some people would go incredible lengths just to save 55 cents.

I was called up to the service desk yesterday when I was pretty busy taking care of stuff because some other guy has quit, leaving me to fly solo on Thursday nights. Some customer claimed that the ice cream he was buying was 55 cents more expensive than the price tag he saw. Since I did the freezer load for a few weeks, I was very sure that the special finished 2 weeks ago. He then led me to get the price tag to verify the price.

And lo and behold, there it was, sitting right on the bottom area of the freezer. I then vagely remember one of my collegues stuffing the price tag to the back because we were rushing for time back then. However, to see that customer ignoring the official price tag which where the ice cream was (at the top of the freezer), and looking to the special tag (found lying at the bottom), I found it a little ridiculous.

Unfortunately, that is scanning policy of the company. If a customer finds the tag, we have to give it at that price.

Hurr.

Shopping.

It IS a treasure hunt.

Oh, did I mention that I have to write up a report on it too? >_>

---

Song of (whatever) changed to I SAY YES by ICHIKO, Zero no Tsukaima~Futatsuki no Kishi~ Opening Theme.

I SAY YES zutto, kimi no soba ni iru yo.... <3

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home